Paying the rent
The rent for accommodation in the student rooms is to be paid in cash or with a credit card in the Accommodation Office in the lobby of Sázava till the day 25th of each month. You can pay each workday from 7 am to 2 pm. Take your UCT ID card with you. It is also possible to pay the rent in advance for several months or for whole stay. It is essential to pay the rent on time to avoid any penalty fees! We recommend to you to pay earlier than in the last day of month if you want to avoid queues.
Washing machine and bedclothes
If you want to use a washing machine you have to book it via Internet: http://pracka.vscht.cz/. Just select your dormitory, floor and the day you want to use the washing machine. You can also use the so-called hourly washing machine which you reserve on the reception. You can exchange your bed clothes for a clean one in the office in -1st floor (Volha) or 1st floor (Sázava).
Accommodated students have the right to:
Get their bedclothes changed once a week
Use electrical appliances with electricity input up to 500 VA bought in the Czech Republic or other countries when having an appropriate declaration of conformity.
Accept their visitors when they show their ID in the reception and leave before 1:00 a.m. When staying overnight, visitors must have their names written down and pay fixed contribution CZK 40. They can stay only 3 days consequently and up to 6 days per month. If you want to host someone for longer time, please inform Accommodation Office.
Make a claim at the reception of the hall of residence.
Opening hours (both Volha and Sázava)
Monday to Thursday 7 a.m.- 5.00 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m.- 3.00 p.m.
BEDCLOTHES EXCHANGE HOURS
Monday to Thursday 7.00 a.m.- 9.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m.- 5.00 p.m.
Friday 7.00 a.m.- 9.00 a.m.
Accommodated students have to:
Behave themselves considerately to others including keeping the silent hours from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Show their student UCT ID cards whenever entering the residence.
Tidy up their rooms.
Report all defects and damage at the reception of the hall of residence.
Lock their rooms when leaving them.
Let accredited persons enter their rooms.
Accommodated students mustn’t:
Use electric or gas cooker in the bedroom.
Smoking is prohibited in the residences.
Please note that not respecting the rules can result in the expulsion from the residences. If a major damage is produced in your room or if you cause a damage in the common areas, you have to pay for the repair or replacement of the damage.
To move out of the residence without any problem, you have to follow these steps:
- If you plan to move out, go to the Accommodation Office of your residence at least one month before your departure. Tell to Mrs. Valachová/Skálová the exact date when you want to move out. You will obtain a yellow form called “Inventory Handover Record”.
- With this form, go to the Accommodation Office in Sázava and pay the rent until the last day of your stay (aka the date in the form). They will confirm the payment of the rent via stamp to the form. Obviously, you better should not lose the form now…
- At least one week before your departure sign for the cleaning lady, who will check your room on the day of your departure. The rooms of the cleaning ladies are in front of the lift in 2nd floor in Sázava and 913 in Volha (in the stairwell).
- Now the really toughest task comes – to clean your room properly :-). Pack your things, clean the room (furniture, floor, toilet, bathroom etc.) and wait for the cleaning lady – she comes on the time you signed for.
- Let her to check the room, give her the form “Inventory Handover Record”. If everything is fine (clean room, no damage), she fills in the form and signs it. She will also take the key and lock the room (so do not forget anything in there).
- Go to your Accommodation Office with the signed form, bedclothes and the receipt of the deposit. You will get back the deposit of CZK 3000 if everything is fine. In case of serious damage, you may get back less money!
- Follow the points 1-5 but be aware that the cleaning ladies are available until 10 a.m. only!. On the day of your departure you will obtain the deposit in the reception. Please note, that if you lost your receipt of the deposit, the receptionist cannot return it back to you!